Upon returning from active duty with the United States Air Force,
Walter F. Fyda founded and incorporated The Fyda White Truck Co.
on October 19, 1954. The company started with a staff of six
employees who were responsible for selling and servicing White
trucks in the Youngstown and Warren, Ohio areas.
Bob Fyda, Walter Fyda's son, came to work for the company in 1974.
After working for three years in all facets of the operations, Bob
became President in 1977. Under Bob's tutelage, the Company
expanded to Columbus, Ohio in 1985. Another of Walter's sons,
Tim Fyda, joined the company in 1987 after serving eight years in
the Air Force. Settling in Columbus, Tim took the reigns as manager
of the Columbus operation. Then in 1997, Tim was named president
of the corporation.
Fyda Freightliner, now a nationally recognized dealer, continued its expansion
with the opening of a third facility in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 1996.
Fyda Freightliner established a fourth dealership when it acquired the
Freightliner territory in Cincinnati, Ohio.
In 2005, the company opened its fifth dealership in Barkeyville, Pennsylvania.